Server Side Engineer
Established in May 2015, Indus OS is a homebred system apps company, building India’s only content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & services in the language of their choice. With a vision of digitally connecting 1 Billion Indians, Indus OS is constantly striving to adapt its existing portfolio (App Store, Minus One Screen, Keyboard, Messenger, etc) by introducing new features to enrich the user experience in their native language.
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 100+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar:
India’s Largest Indigenous App Store with more than 100+Mn users.
Indus App Bazaar is an offering from Indus OS, a home-grown technology brand building content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & amp; services in the language of their choice. Indus App Bazaar is an alternative Android based app store designed with innovations in localization, simplicity, user personalization and performance optimization. The platform provides multi-lingual support for users, in English as well as 12 Indian languages – Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Odia, Assamese, and Bengali.
With an AI driven user experience, Indus App Bazaar offers targeted content to their users based on their interest, location, and language. The browse-based discovery platform is easy to use and does not require an email address for users to download apps. Indus App Bazaar offers over 400,000 apps and has over 100 million users. It also has a strategic partnership with Samsung to power its Galaxy Store, across all Samsung devices in India.
Indus OS in news
The Asian Age: http://bit.ly/2OboBSW
Indian Television: https://bit.ly/2OT01q8
- You’ll be actively involved with the development of server backend that supports mobile apps.
- You’ll be architecting and implementing best-in-class complex ‘real-time’ web software and/or messaging systems to power highly scalable apps for users.
- Translate high-level business problems into scalable design and code. Create libraries & Utilities for larger consumption.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to create exciting user experiences and ensure delivery of graphic assets as per modern web standards.
- You’ll be continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting edge technologies and leveraging these in one’s own and the team’s work as necessary.
- Care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology you build.
- Work on the end to end stack (Platforms, UI, distributed systems, databases) rather than specialize in one particular area.
- And of course, get hands dirty by writing server-side code for mobile-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
Desired Candidates Profile:
- 2+ years of experience on Node.js based web applications and systems development.
- Knowledgeable on ORMs, their utility and limitations.
- Knowledge of web services and serialization techniques like REST, SOAP, XML & JSON.
- Knowledgeable about caching mechanisms & tools like memcache, CDNs, nginx.
- Scripting experience in using Shell/Python for creating quick technology solutions to problems.
- Prior expertise of working with AWS Cloud, CDNs and other PAAS based services.
- A strong penchant for Object-Oriented Design.
- Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancement software like SVN, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
- Prior experience in implementing Agile software methodologies.
- Passionate about software development & modern-day web technologies like:
- Web Sockets
- NoSQL based databases like MongoDB/Couchbase/Redis
- Big Data
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team’s work.
- B-Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs etc) or abroad.
- True start-up experience – no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Catch up with us on Social Media
Visit www.indusos.com for detailed information.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/indusos/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/indusos
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/indusos