Lead Engineer – Server
Established in May 2015, Indus OS is a homebred system apps company, building India’s only content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & services in the language of their choice. With a vision of digitally connecting 1 Billion Indians, Indus OS is constantly striving to adapt its existing portfolio (App Store, Minus One Screen, Keyboard, Messenger, etc) by introducing new features to enrich the user experience in their native language.
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 100+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn, and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar: Indus also has its very own app market place called Indus App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications. Indus App Bazaar is India’s largest indigenous app store available in 12 languages, designed to suit specific requirements of the Indian consumers. The recent partnership with Samsung will see Indus App Bazaar power Samsung’s new Galaxy Apps Store in all Samsung Devices.
Indus OS in News:
Financial Express: http://bit.ly/29FDQg5
Economic Times: http://bit.ly/2ayTvD4
What we do:
To create the mobile ecosystem for the next billion smartphone users from emerging markets in their native language.
- You’ll be actively involved with the development of server backend that supports mobile apps.
- You’ll be architecting and implementing best-in-class complex ‘real-time’ web software and/or messaging systems to power highly scalable apps for users.
- Translate high-level business problems into scalable design and code. Create libraries & Utilities for larger consumption.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to create exciting user experiences and ensure the delivery of graphic assets as per modern web standards.
- You’ll be continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting-edge technologies and leveraging these in one’s own and the team’s work as necessary.
- Care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology you build.
- Work on the end to end stack (Platforms, UI, distributed systems, databases) rather than specialize in one area.
- And of course, get hands dirty by writing server-side code for mobile-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
Desired Candidates Profile:
- 5+ years of experience on Node.js based web applications and systems development.
- Knowledgeable on ORMs, their utility and limitations.
- Knowledge of web services and serialization techniques like REST, SOAP, XML & JSON.
- Knowledgeable about caching mechanisms & tools like Memcache, CDNs, Nginx.
- Scripting experience in using Shell/Python for creating quick technology solutions to problems.
- Prior expertise of working with AWS Cloud, CDNs and other PAAS based services.
- A strong penchant for Object-Oriented Design.
- Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancement software like SVN, Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
- Prior experience in implementing Agile software methodologies.
- Passionate about software development & modern-day web technologies like:
- Web Sockets
- NoSQL based databases like MongoDB/Couchbase/Redis
- Big Data
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team’s work.
- B-Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs etc) or abroad.
- True start-up experience – no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Catch up with us on Social Media:
Visit www.indusos.com for detailed information.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/indusos/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/indusos
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/indusos