Established in May 2015, Indus OS is a homebred system apps company, building India’s only content and commerce platform for users to discover and consume digital content & services in the language of their choice. With a vision of digitally connecting 1 Billion Indians, Indus OS is constantly striving to adapt its existing portfolio (App Store, Minus One Screen, Keyboard, Messenger, etc) by introducing new features to enrich the user experience in their native language.
Currently, Indus OS has a user base of over 12+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn, and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar :
Indus also has its very own app market place called Indus App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications. Indus App Bazaar is India’s largest indigenous app store available in 12 languages, designed to suit specific requirements of the Indian consumers. The recent partnership with Samsung will see Indus App Bazaar power Samsung’s new Galaxy Apps Store in all Samsung Devices. With this partnership, we will be able to reach a user base over 200 Million by 2019.
Indus OS in news
The Asian Age: http://bit.ly/2OboBSW
Indian Television: https://bit.ly/2OT01q8
- You’ll be actively involved with and monitor the development of OS stack and firmware.
- You’ll be architecting and implementing best-in-class ‘real-time’ OS to power mobile phones in the market.
- You’ll be responsible for designing, implementation & maintenance of various embedded components and applications for mobile platforms.
- Communicate often & effectively about the status of new & ongoing development efforts within the company.
- Represent the OS engineering team at high-level meetings.
- Motivate, mentor and lead other team members by rolling up your sleeves and offering technical and project management insights and tips.
- Work closely with the design team to create exciting mobile user experiences as per the modern standard.
- You’ll be continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting-edge Android technologies and leveraging these in one’s own and the team’s work as necessary.
Desired Candidates Profile:
- 2 to 6 years of Experience in Android and OS firmware-based development for commercial consumer mobile phones.
- Embedded system programming and board bring up.
- System programming & OS internal skills.
- Strong Command over Java, C/C++
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Android build system.
- Android internal frameworks and device driver development expertise.
- Experience of working with core Android libraries like bionic, stagefright, etc.
- Cares about design & Very strong command of efficient layouts, including optimization for various mobile environments.
- Knowledgeable about caching mechanisms & tools like In-Memory cache.
- Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancements software like Git, SVN, Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
- Passionate about software development & modern-day Android OS technologies like:
- Latest chipsets, GPUs, etc
- Latest releases from chipset companies like Spreadtrum, Mediatek, Qualcomm
- Android Lollipop
- The ability to effectively manage technical people (internal & external development resources) and projects.
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team’s work.
- 1+ years of work experience.
- B.Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs, etc) or abroad.
- True start-up experience – no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings, etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Catch up with us on Social Media:
Visit www.indusos.com for detailed information.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/indusos/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/indusos
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/indusos