Indus OS’s team has developed the World’s First Regional Operating System. We are the first to meet the real needs of the emerging market’s regional language speaking citizens through innovation, simplification and content. As per market share (7.6%), Indus OS was announced as the second most popular OS in India beating global giants like Apple’s iOS & Microsoft’s Windows.
Indus OS in news:
Financial Express: http://bit.ly/29FDQg5
Economic Times: http://bit.ly/2ayTvD4
We are looking for a strong techie who can work in our Server & Web Development team. You can add value to the product through your technology skills. Send in your resume along with your contact number on hr [at] indusos.com.
What we do:
We have created an indigenous technology platform that brings app developers, smartphone brands and the users on a single platform and truly creates an Indian smartphone ecosystem. Our vision is to digitally connect 1 billion people from India with a smartphone ecosystem of their choice.
- You’ll be actively involved with development of server backend that support mobile apps.
- You’ll be architecting and implementing best-in-class complex ‘real time’ web software and/or messaging systems to power highly scalable apps for users.
- Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code. Create libraries & utilities for larger consumption.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to create exciting user experiences and ensure delivery of graphic assets as per modern web standards.
- You’ll be continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting edge technologies and leveraging these in one’s own and the team’s work as necessary.
- Care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology you build.
- Work on the end to end stack (Platforms, UI, distributed systems, databases) rather than specialize in one particular area.
- And of course get hands dirty by writing server-side code for mobile-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
Desired Candidates Profile:
- 2+ years of experience on Node.js based web applications and systems development.
- Knowledgeable on ORMs, their utility and limitations.
- Cares about design & a strong command of efficient HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3, including optimization for mobile environment.
- Knowledge of web services and serialization techniques like REST, SOAP, XML & JSON.
- Knowledgeable about caching mechanisms & tools like memcache, CDNs, nginx.
- Scripting experience in using Shell/Python for creating quick technology solutions to problems.
- Prior expertise of working with AWS Cloud, CDNs and other PAAS based services.
- Strong penchant for Object Oriented Design.
- Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancement software like SVN, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
- Prior experience in implementing Agile software methodologies.
- Passionate about software development & modern day web technologies like:
NoSQL based databases like MongoDB/Couchbase/Redis
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team’s work.
- B.Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs etc) or abroad.
- True start-up experience – no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- Camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.